Friday, October 23, 2009

Gourds 'n stuff .....

Okay. I am now officially 64. Since Wednesday of this week.

I turned 64. And then I painted and wood-burned some more gourds. Yes, I'm now 64 but I can still paint a gourd. And other things. So.....this profound observation means what, exactly? Well, that "even though" I am now 64, I can still DO things. Paint gourds. Read books. Cook. Lots of things, really. I'm telling myself that I may be over that hill, but I'm not at the BOTTOM of it yet. So, I will continue to paint gourds - and other things. And read. And cook. And thank the good Lord that I CAN.

And I will repeat to myself what my eleven-year-old grandson, Christian, just told me a minute or so ago: "Life is good, Nonny." Yes! YES! Life IS good. I can still paint gourds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment